Community and Educational Support
Toyota of El Cajon (TEC), founded in 1990, is one of the last truly, Family-Owned auto dealerships in San Diego County. Shaped early on by the ideals of Bob and Kim Kaminsky, TEC has been very active in supporting community organizations and charities throughout San Diego and East County.
Toyota of El Cajon is proud to have received many awards for their outstanding achievement in Sales, Service and Guest Satisfaction, but the strong relationships that the Kaminsky Family has built over the years with their associates, guests, vendors and the community is far more rewarding to them.
The Kaminsky Family sincerely believes that their foundation in Family Values will be the cornerstone to Toyota of El Cajon's continued success.
EC Police Department
In continuing efforts to support the local community, Toyota of El Cajon and the Kaminsky family, donated a 2016 Toyota Tundra to the El Cajon Police Department. The Toyota Tundra is designated for the Police Department's "Bike Team", and will be used for various tasks around East County, that include transporting motor cycle equipment in the bed of the truck and any necessary pick-ups and deliveries that were otherwise, not possible.
You can watch a clip of the event from on Toyota of El Cajon's YouTube channel:
San Diego River Park Foundation
The San Diego River Park Foundation is known for its dedication to creating a better future for the San Diego River and connecting our community with its namesake waterway. In addition to community clean up events and educational programs, SDRPF is active in preserving and restoring land in the headwaters of the San Diego River. Toyota of El Cajon has partnered with SDRPF to fund the trees that are planted along the 52-mile river where the need is highest. The current restoration priority is at Boulder Creek Preserve, outside of Descanso. For every vehicle purchased, at the dealership, a tree is planted. For more information regarding SDRPF, please visit sandiegoriver.org or find us on Facebook!
Toys for Tots Drive
Toyota of El Cajon is known around town for its family and child friendly facility. TEC has helped by sponsoring the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. Toys for Tots is well known throughout the community for providing toys each year to less fortunate children. In past years, the dealerships famous 1970 Mint Green Land Cruiser was filled with toys that were later delivered to children across San Diego County. More recently the back of a new Toyota Tacoma displayed in the dealerships showroom, was loaded with toys, stuffed animals and books donated by the dealerships associates, guests and nearby residence. The joy of putting a smile on a young child's face for the holiday is priceless!
Earth Day eWaste Recycling Event
San Diego, CA – Recycle San Diego and Toyota of El Cajon have partnered to host a weekend-long eWaste Recycling Event in celebration of Earth Day. The event was held in the dealership's parking lot.
Jeffrey Harding, the Founder and President of Recycle San Diego explained, he is happy to partner with an auto company with a strong environmental commitment as demonstrated by their award winning eco-friendly facility. “It is important to not only design and build environmentally-friendly businesses, but people should also remember to help protect our environment by diverting heavy metals and toxic substances from our local landfills. Older cathode ray tube (CRT) TV sets typically contain four pounds of lead, and we are committed to educating the public about safe and legal eWaste disposal.”
Items that can be recycled at the eWaste recycling event include: computers, monitors, TVs, laptops, cables, printers, fax machines, scanners, DVD players, VCRs, and other electronic items.
Toyota of El Cajon (TEC) provides support to a wide range of charities and community organizations each year in an effort to help raise funds for worthwhile causes throughout San Diego County and more specifically East County.
TEC will notify organizations if their donation request is granted. It is highly recommended that your event not be centered on the anticipation of a donation from TEC, but a donation should be considered as a complimentary element to your event.
Many requests may not be fulfilled due to the overwhelming volume of requests TEC receives annually.
- All donation requests must be submitted in writing on official charity letterhead. Phone, fax, and email requests are not accepted.
- Letters must contain the date of the event, the contact person's name, phone number, address, the type of fundraiser and who it will benefit.
- All requests must be submitted at least 90 days prior to your event.
- Charitable contributions will only be granted to organizations with 501(c) (3) status. No third party requests. The tax exempt ID number must be included on the donation request letter.
- Organizations will receive only one donation per year.
- Use of TEC's name, logos and trademark with any advertising that implies the support or sponsorship of an event by TEC must be approved in writing by TEC prior to the event.
- Due to the large volume of requests received, the response to any particular donation request is at TEC's sole and absolute discretion. Any exception to the above guidelines will only be made by TEC. Submitting a request does not guarantee your organization will receive a donation or the amount requested. We wish you much success with your event.
Submit a Donation Request Here