New Toyota Warranty Information for San Diego, CA, Area Drivers
Every New Toyota Boasts a Comprehensive Warranty Package
Whether you drive a late-model Toyota or are considering buying or leasing a brand-new Toyota, you may want to know more about the warranty coverage that comes with a Toyota from the factory. The great news is that Toyota stands behind their quality vehicles, and even though Toyota automobiles are known for exceptional dependability, an extensive factory warranty package comes with every new Toyota -- just in case you ever need it.
Here at Toyota of El Cajon, we've compiled loads of information right here on our website for our valued San Diego, CA, area customers to comb over regarding Toyota's stellar factory warranty package.
So take a few moments to learn more about what warranty benefits you can enjoy when you drive a dependable new or late-model Toyota, and don't hesitate to reach out to our dealership team for more warranty details!
What Warranty Coverage Comes with New Toyota Vehicles?
New Toyota automobiles feature the following warranty coverage:
- Basic Coverage is 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of first use and covers all components excluding normal wear and maintenance items. This warranty covers repairs and adjustments required to correct defects in materials or workmanship or any part supplied by Toyota, subject to exceptions.
- Powertrain Coverage is 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of first use and includes the engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel-drive system and rear-wheel drive system.
- Rust-Through Coverage is 60 months with unlimited miles from the date of first use, regardless of mileage, and covers corrosion perforation of sheet metal.
- Emissions Coverage varies under Federal and California regulations. Please refer to the vehicle's Warranty and Maintenance Guide booklet for full details.
The warranty period begins on the vehicle's in-service date, which is the first date the car is either delivered to the original purchaser, lessor, or used as a company car or demo vehicle.
What About Toyota Hybrid Model Warranty Coverage?
If you drive one of the many Toyota hybrid models -- whether that be a member of the Prius family or maybe a Camry Hybrid or RAV4 Hybrid -- your vehicle is also covered by an additional warranty package from Toyota.
On top of Toyota's standard Basic, Powertrain, Rust-Through and Emissions coverage, your Toyota hybrid also gets a warranty plan for its hybrid-related components, in the form of 8 years or 100,000 miles of coverage for its:
- Hybrid Vehicle (HV) battery
- Battery control module
- Hybrid control module
- Inverter with converter
Your Toyota's HV battery may have longer coverage under its Emissions Coverage. You can refer to your Owner's Warranty Information booklet for further details.
Are Extended Warranties Available from Toyota?
Toyota Financial Services (TFS)* offers a wide array of valuable programs designed to help extend the protection that your vehicle and your wallet enjoy under the factory warranty. TFS offers four protection packages for new Toyota vehicles:
- Vehicle Service Agreements
- Guaranteed Auto Protection
- Prepaid Maintenance Plans
- Tire & Wheel Protection
For complete details about Toyota's excellent new warranty coverage, please refer to your vehicle's Warranty and Maintenance Guide or contact Toyota of El Cajon, your local Toyota dealership. Our Toyota team here in El Cajon, CA, can also tell you more about the extended warranties for new vehicles available through Toyota Financial Services, so don't wait to contact us or stop by our dealership from nearby Lemon Grove when you're in the area!
*Toyota Financial Services is a service mark of Toyota Motor Credit Corporation, Toyota Motor Insurance Services, Inc., and their subsidiaries.